Telehealth sessions now available via video-conferencing during COVID-19 restrictions. Face to face sessions are available on request.
Melbourne Clinical Psychologist
Patricia works with clients to build resilience and self-worth, achieve life goals, improve communication, heal strained relationships, manage stress, and resolve grief and loss.
Patricia is a Clinical Psychologist who has worked in public and private mental health settings since 2008. She provides individual psychotherapy for older teens (18+ years) and adults across the life span. Patricia is experienced in the assessment and treatment of depression and mood disorders, panic and anxiety, obsessions and compulsions, post-traumatic stress, personality disorders, and difficulties with anger and emotion regulation.
INTERESTS AND AREAS OF SPECIALTY INCLUDE:
- Depression and Mood Disorders
- Generalised and Social Anxiety
- Panic and Phobias
- Trauma and PTSD
- Complex PTSD and issues arising from severe and chronic abuse
- Childhood or Adult Abuse
- Self- Esteem and Personal Growth
- Obsessive and Compulsive Behaviours
- Emotion Regulation Difficulties
- Self-Harming Behaviour
- Anger Management
- Grief and Loss
- Stress Management
- Coping with Life Transitions
- Substance Use and Addictive Behaviours
TREATMENT AND PSYCHOTHERAPY:
Patricia provides evidence based therapeutic interventions that are individually tailored to suit each client's needs.
Patricia's approach to psychotherapy draws from a variety of perspectives and treatment modalities, including:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Schema Focused Therapy (SFT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy informed strategies (DBT) and Emotion Management Techniques
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
- Humanistic-Existential Focused Psychotherapy
- Attachment Focused Therapy
- Somatic and Body Focused Therapy